Weekend Recap

Just wanted to give you a re-cap of my trip and the weekend.

Had a great trip. Love the weather and the food in Santa Fe. Hate the architecture. Probably would like it if everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, wasn't brown adobe. I'm not just talking about houses, I'm talking Outback restaurant, Target, churches, you name it it was a shade of tan/brown adobe. There's no uniqueness. Maybe that is Santa Fe's uniqueness - shades of brown adobe?

Really enjoyed getting to see some old friends and meeting a couple of new ones. Every year this trip encourages, challenges, and refreshes me. Thanks guys for making it worth my while.

Did get up at 3:45 (New Mexico Time) to catch a 6:30 fight to Houston. Got to Houston with no problems. Boarded connecting flight and arrived safe and sound in Gulfport, Mississippi. Drove back to Mobile without a hitch. Stopped by the Harley place to pick up some more pedals for my Harley. I'm changing them out to a different style and have been waiting until I could afford to purchase the passenger and highway pegs.

Got home - loved on the animals, changed clothes, and started working on my bike. Replaced the old pedals with the new pedals and changed out the grips to the new style. Here's a picture of the grips and pedals I'm putting on it.











I will try to get some pics of them on the bike. I really like them.

Then I headed over to an Iron Bowl Party (Alabama v. Auburn). Give Auburn their props, they beat Bama fair and square. Bama hung in there to the end. As one friend said, "So it was another moral victory, huh?" Yes it was. Sorry their record can't show moral victories.

Then the highlight of the night was a chance to see Hyperstatic Union, David Crowder Band, and Third Day in the same venue. Hyperstatic Union is a great young band - songs, energy, they got it all. David Crowder and Third Day, well they are David Crowder & Third Day, are two of my favorites and to get to see them live at the same event was incredible. Almost 4 hours of non-stop music, lights, personal interaction with the crowd, and did I mention music? I got some pictures but will have to download them at a later date. I was blown away!

Great night with great friends.

Comments

faithrunner said…
now that's a road trip...I'm jealous, but I'll post pics from my trip to the farm soon...
Anonymous said…
I wanna go next time....PLEASE!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals