Concert Pictures

Ok, here are some pictures from the recent Third Day . . . David Crowder . . . Hyperstatic Union concert.

Here's Stephanie - Steph had my ticket and was waiting in the cold for me outside the Mitchell Center. Thanks Steph - she's a trooper.


Once we were inside caught this shot of some our group - Dave, Rachel, & Jill. Can you tell they were having a good time.



We were sitting on the top row directly in front of the stage - just entirely across the venue. It didn't matter. It was still a great concert. I zoomed in as much as possible to get some shots. Please bear with me.

This is one of Hyperstatic Union. They kicked off the evening with some great sounds.



Next up was David Crowder. It was my first time seeing them in person and I was not disappointed. Love their sound and their energy and interaction with the crowd was unbelievable.


OK! Now for the grand finale - Third Day. They've been one of my favorite bands for a long time. Again, this was my first time to see them live - I was like a kid in a candy store, b-a-b-y! As you can see from the Hyperstatic Union/David Crowder set the background sheet is gone and replaced with an incredible set - very cool, lots of lights.


Their set also included a screen in the back for graphics. On one song, Consuming Fire, the screen was ablaze with a fire that danced behind them as they sang the song. It rocked. Hope you can see it in the background in the picture below.



Then they did one using a huge disco ball. Here it is.


Third Day did not let me down. I was impressed with the quality of their music (live v. recorded) and their set. I loved how they made a huge place like a gym feel so small. Would do it again tomorrow. Loved 'em.

I've also got some short video shots of the screen and lights. I'll try to get them uploaded pretty soon.

If you get the chance, go to see any of these groups. You will not be disappointed.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals