New Dog - New Name

OK - I got come flack from a friend of mine about New Dog's new name, True Dog. After thinking it over it is kind of lame.

Sooooo. . .this morning I was thinking about it and watching him as I handed out the morning's treats. He just always seems so happy. Like he's WANTING to spend time you. My other dogs do too, but they're old and love to come and sit with me when I'm on the swing. New Dog is jumping around, chasing you, chasing the ball, he's playing - even if it's by himself. He just seems so happy. That's when it hit me.

When I was in college I used to work for a grain and feed company. There was a dog food you could by - it had to be kept refrigerated - called Happy Jack. Eureka!! That's it - that's the new name, Happy Jack. It's just Jack, but the Happy part really describes this dog. He loves attention. He loves playing. He loves pleasing people - except for the jumping up on you part. He loves life. Wish more people were like him.

Well, there you have it - Jack is his new name.

You may be asking why two names? Isn't just plain ol' Jack good enough? Sure, but when you're from Texas everyone gets at least two names or you use their initials in some form to create the appearance of having two names. Karen's was KK - her little sister couldn't pronounce "Karen" when she was younger so she became KK. You get the picture.

The rest of the kennell? Here they are:

Mixer Beudreaux (Mix)
Baby 'Kota (Dakota)
Sweet Sadie Lou or Luli (Sadie)
Lucy Punkin (Lucy)
Ranger Babbalu (Ranger)

Now they may be called by their entire name or parts of it. As in Baby or Punkin if I were speaking to Dakota or Lucy. By the way, they know their names - all and each of them. Pretty smart pets, eh?

OK - it's time to get busy now that you have my philosphy on names and New Dogs new name - Happy Jack.

Later 'Gator
Master Mike (oh wait a minute, that's what the dogs call me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question for You

Camp is Good!

Favorite Cereals