Need Some Help

Holy Stinkin Cow! I hadn't realized it had been so long since I posted something in the ol' blog. Sorry guys - and gals. A lot's been going on - I'll get to that later. Right now I need your help.

On Saturday, November 4, I'm running in the 19th Annual Food WOrld Senior Bowl Charity Run. To be more specific I'm running the 10k. That's 6.2 miles in 'Merican distances. I've been training and getting back into running shape. The old knees are holding up well. I've been more than pleased. Last Saturday was my first 4-miler in a very, very long time. Last night I ran what I think is one of my best 3-mile training runs in. . .well let's just say I can't remember. So the training is going well. That's not where I need your help.

As much as I enjoy running it's not why I'm running the 10K. Nope! I'm running to raise money for a ministry our church supports and partners with called Home of Grace. Home of Grace is a biblically-based, Christ-centered rehab center for ladies struggling with addictions to drugs, alcohol, etc. Our church, First Baptist North Mobile, is a major supporter and partner with Home of Grace. Because or our partnership I baptized 9 ladies, this past Sunday, who had given their heart to Christ and accepted Him as their Lord and Savior because of a Bible study one of our pastors leads there. That happens on a regular basis.

The reason I'm raising money for them is that right now, because of funds and the need, there is a 4-week waiting list to get into the center. They have also been invited to consider building another center in county east of us - across the bay. It's sorely needed.

So. . .here's where you come in. You can sponsor me by pledging by the mile or a flat fee. All of this goes to Home of Grace. If you pay by check make it out to First Baptist North Mobile and in the memo line write Home of Grace Run. Mail it to

Mike Shipp
First Baptist North Mobile
1251 Industrial Parkway
Saraland, AL 36571

Any and all amounts will help these ladies and plenty more in similar situations. It will also continue to help bring the life-changing gospel of Jesus to ladies who might not otherwise hear it.

To pledge email me and let me know who you are and how much you will be pledging.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question for You

Camp is Good!

Favorite Cereals