Something to laugh about

Well, the signs are adding up. The inevitiable will be true soon enough.

Went to the eye doctor today. It's time for my usual checkup. Got to make sure the peepers are in good working order. Everything is fine. My contacts' strength hasn't changed. That's good. And my both eyes are the same strength. This helps because it doesn't really matter which contact goes into which eye - their both the same.

Buuuttttt. . .now I need glasses for reading. I do have choices.
  1. Wear only one contact at a time. Problem: no depth perception at night, everything looks at the same depth. So if you're in front of me, your brake lights look like they are the same distance as the brake lights in front of you - kinda scary, huh? If for some reason I do end up driving at night with only one contact I tend to drive with one eye closed. No it's not the one with the contact in it.
  2. Bifocal contacts - that's just too wierd for me. Me? Bifocals? Call me vaine, but that's not an option.
  3. Get reading glasses - this is the option I chose. I continue to wear my contacts and use the reading glasses when I need to. They're not very strong. As a matter of fact, I think they are the weakest strength. But I do have problems focusing on reading if I look at a book after looking far away.
Soooo. . .it's inevitable. Iit looks like I'm getting old. And with my next birthday in the not too distant future I think I must be getting there.

The only consolation in this whole thing is that I have frieds who have been at this place for a long time and I'm just getting here. So I don't feel so bad.

Jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those peepers?
Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am laughing with you not at you!
kris said…
yep ... sucks to get old.

i've been in bi- and then progressive focals for years. it's really not so bad. i wonder how they do that w/ contacts tho - i mean, can't they shift around in your eye???

my sister did that '2 different contacts' thing and she liked it, but it always seems abnormal to me.

i think you made a wise choice.

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals