2 Mile Mark

Yesterday was another milestone in my running life. I ran 2 miles for the first time in, at least, 2 years. And, man, did it feel good!!

I did it in 17:11 - that's about an 8:35 mile. Not bad, if I do say so myself. I did push it a bit, but felt great when I finished. The knees feel like they're holding up.

I'm looking to run a 10K (6.2 miles) in November as a fund raiser for a local ministry we support and work closely with called Home of Grace. They are a Bible-based, Christ-centered rehab center for women with addictive behaviors - predominantly drug and alcohol.

I'll get the details to you in the near future for those who would like to sponsor me and help support this incredible work.

It's been a long, long time since I've run this far. I think I ran close to this distance one day with my Jingle Bell Run buddy, Stacey. He was training for the Houston Marathon. But that's been a while. So pray for me. Pray for physical strength, wisdom, and endurance.

Run on,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals