What an Animal!

Ok, break's over, time to get back to posting!

I just read my friend, Gene's, blog. Gene is an ANIMAL! Or the most masochistic person I know. Don't believe me?He runs marathons, 50K trail runs, and does 100 mile bike rides. He's also done a couple of triathlons (we did one together one year - good times)

Now, dont' take this wrong, but Gene ain't no spring chicken, though he's a springier chicken than most guys his age.

This year he rode in the Hotter-N-Hell 1oo. It's a 100 mile bike ride in Wichita Falls, Texas in the middle of the freaking Texas summer. Gene did it.

We both did it a couple of years ago - the weather was not so hot and not so hellish that year. But this year? I was in Wichita Falls in July. It was 104 degrees at 11:00 am one morning. Now that's stinkin' hot!

Props to you Gene! You're a freakin' ANIMAL. An ANIMAL I said!!

Miss riding with you. Maybe next year!

To check out Gene's thoughts on this year's ride click here.

Time for me to get off my duff and get back to riding, eh?

Mike

Comments

faithrunner said…
Mike, you did it once, you could have done it again! Missed you this year...I would have loved someone to talk with. There were very few groups of riders. Most everyone was just trying to finish after the turn at mile 80.

Keep riding! We'll connect next year, how about it?
MikeS said…
Gene,
You and me, brother.

You and me.
MikeS said…
Guess that means I need to start riding again, eh?

Whew. It's a good thing I have an entire year to get ready.

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals