Wha a Day!

It's been a great day! Ever have those days. You know. . .you wake up, have some idea of what you need/want to do, then just live the day?

I did that today. Got up about 7:30 this morning, got the animals taken care of then headed out the door on the back of my SA-WEEET (for those having trouble it's "sweet" - means nice, cool, etc.) Harley and rode down to the local Lenny's. . .I mean Denny's for some breakfast and time with the local newspaper.

It was good, filling, and relaxing.

After I whoofed down breakfast I talked myself into going heading north on Hwy 45. Hadn't ever been up that way before so. . .what the heck.

Rode up to Waynesboror, MS. And what a ride it was. The sun was out, not too hot, and definitely not a lot of traffic.

Turned around at Waynesboro, MS and arrived at the house around 1:00 pm.

Once inside I changed into something a little more comfortable and climbed into bed for a two-hour nap. Afterwhich, I cleaned the house. Yep. . .we're talking bathrooms, dusting, changing sheets, vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping - no "just light the candles" here, though I did light a couple of candles once I was finished.

Then it was a quick shower in my sparkling clean bathtub and headed out the door for a bite and hanging with some of the singles from our church - again, on the back of my Harley (thinking I need to give the Harley a name - any suggestions?)

Now. . .I'm surfin' the net, getting ready to hit the sack.

Living the day - just gotta have it.

Only wish you were could have been with me. I think you would've enjoyed it, too.

Mike

Comments

Suzy-Q said…
sounds like a fabulous day! my hubby and i went on an adventure like that for my bday. just got in the car with a map in hand and headed out. no plan, nothing but time on our side and had a ball. best birthday ever.

hope your week is just as good.....
Anonymous said…
wonderful day....the best. belated birthday.

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals