Bale or Mow?

So, by now you are wondering - I know, it's driving you crazy - did he bale or mow?

Well. . .after considering the costs, the time, and the effort I . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .mowed.

Yep, I mowed. It was nice this morning with a sweet little breeze blowing through the yard, so I jumped on the ol' mower and cut away. 2 1/2 hours later I had a nice clean yard, trimmed to perfection. The edges were cut. The long ones that were missed by the mower were weed-eated (word? sure why not) away. And all the concrete surfaces were blown clean.

I love a clean yard. I hate the yard work, but I love the result.

I also spent another hour wading in the pond replacing the rocks around the edge. I recently put a new liner it, but had never put the rocks back. This morning was that morning. I still have some things to do - more mulch to cover up the excess liner, get rid of the weeds and dead leaves, re-arrange rocks to make it look better. But, all-in-all it's coming together.

The rest of the day was fairly busy.

Got a haircut - Thanks Diane, you make me look mahvalous, simply mahvalous.

Ran the bike to Pathworks Bike Shop to get cable housing and cables replaced - already finshed replacing stuff - yea!!

Pets Mart for dog food - 40 lbs of IAMS chuncks for large dogs and some other goodies.

Wal-Mart for a few groceries - ever notice how it never ends up just a "few groceries"?

Home to put away the stuff I bought.

Raced to the Smithermans for some good home cookin' - Bar-B-Qued pork chops, butter beans, corn bread, fried potatoes (with onions), and cole slaw; peach pie and breyers vanilla ice-cream for dessert

Men's Bible study - Wild at Heart - great study and sharing tonight.

Home to feed the kennel and put my feet up for a moment before going to bed.


WHEW!! I'm tired. I thought this was supposed to be a day off. Does anyone else have day offs like mine? I hope not.

Going to the office tomorrow - get some needed rest ba-by.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals