Superman Returns!




Welllll Alrighty Then!

I think I've got just about everything done. Doesn't matter now anyway. Dad and Jane are on their way. But I did get the house cleaned, paid bills (big one for me - I usually forget then have to pay them in a hurry so they won't be late), got the yard cleaned, got a hair cut - thanks Diane at The Mustard Seed, great job, served our ladies Thursday night, AND . . . (drum roll please)

SAW SUPERMAN RETURNS LAST NIGHT!!

So what did I think? Hmmmm. . .

Let me say up front, I'm not that harsh of a critic. If it keeps moving and entertains me, I'm usually ok with it. With that said, I thought it was pretty good. I think it's a movie you either like or don't. Friends I went with didn't like it. Others said it was good. You will have to make up your own mind.

I liked the movie. Would I go see it again, probably not. Will I buy it - nope. But it succeeded in entertaining me, so I was pleased. If you haven't seen the movie yet and don't want to know anything about it now's a good time to close your eyes and scroll down :) . I wish there would have been more substance to the ending. You're just left hanging there. Superman doesn't do anything to Lex Luthor for being a bad boy and nearly killing Superman and you don't know for sure where his relationship with Lois is going. These kinds of things frustrate me. This isn't 24! I spent $8 plus popcorn and a drink to leave things dangling? OK, so they set me up for another movie. Gotta give 'em props for that. But still! Oh! And he finds out he has a son. Hmmm. . .Superboy?!

This brings me to something else I thought about. Just before Superman left, he and Lois spend the night together. Now stay with me here. . .if Superman stands for truth, justice, morality and all that's good about humanity, etc., etc., etc., then how did he and Lois have a son? Waaiiittt a minute. You mean he and Lois got their freak on before he left?! So how does that line up? According to the "official" Superman Homepage they were married - if that's so she's living with another man. If they weren't married, then I think you know where I'm going. And she's still not married in this movie though she lives with a man who she claims is the boy's father. I don't know about you, but where's the morality in this? Is this our culture infiltrating our beloved superheroes? Just something to think about.

There's some good humor and some one-liners that are pretty entertaining. Kept me in the movie anyway.

So go see it and let me know what you think.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals