It's a Good Day!

This morning I was really tired. Last night a group of us went to dinner at Lambert's, home of the throwed rolls. That's right. Guys come around with these huge, hot, fresh rolls and stand somewhere in the restaurant and chunk 'em at ya. Just hold up your hand and don't drop it. Besides the incredible rolls, the food was superb and lots of it. Definitely get my rec. Oh, while you wait the 45 minutes to an hour for a table you can buy an 8 oz bottle of ice (yeah right out of the ice)- cold Coca-Cola!! Yeah B-A-B-Y!!

Afterwards we went to go-cart track and raced each other a couple of times. By the time I got to bed this morning it somewhere are 2:00 am.

So, I wasn't quite ready to open the ol' peepers when I needed to this morning, Buuutttt. . .have things to do and can't do them lying in bed. Brewed some Starbucks, grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat to watch some of my favorite sports. . .Soccer and Snow Skiing!!

Yeah. . .yeah, I know they're kinda opposites on the adrenalin scale, but SO!

I grew up in Italy and learned to appreciate the power, technique, ability and teamwork of soccer. So when the World Cup hits the airwaves I'm usually tuned it. I know it's almost un-American, but I would rather watch soccer than baseball. I don't get watching baseball on TV. Then again. . .ain't that what makes America great!?

While I was eyeballin' some smooth moves on the pitch I switched to catch Warren Miller's Journey. Miller has an exquisite way of telling a story on the slopes. Then there's just something about powder, sun, and a pair of skis that makes my mouth water. If there's one thing I could do all year, it's ski. I love the snow and I love to glide over it on a pairs of 185 parabolics. . .carving smooth turns in fresh powder has got to be one of the most exhilirating experiences in life. OK, sex is right up there, too.

Well. . .now you know why it's going to be a good day for me. How about you? What makes a good day for you?

Later 'Gator,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals