Collecting Stuff

I'm not much for collecting stuff. I'm so A.D.D. that by the time I get interested in collecting something I forget I was collecting it and move on. My dad is great at collecting stuff. He has collected antique radios and victrolas (old record players you wind up), Coca-Cola memorabelia - his house is a museum, old cars - he buys one fixes it up then sells it, old pinball machines. . . you name it he's probably collected it at one time or another. Not me. Not really.

I was looking around my office this mornng and I realized I did have collected some stuff.

I have a collection of coffee cups/mugs people have given me over the years. Some have minsitry or church logos on them, even some that say Starbucks - yeah, go figure - , I even have one from the this year's Rose Bowl.

I also have a collection of toys. I use them with children when I am meeting with parents. I have a collection of foam and nerf balls, a pair of those really big sunglasses you get at someplace like Six Flags - they're stars, think Elton John sunglasses on steroids, I have whistles, and one of the clappers that makes and incredible racket when you wave it back and forth really fast.

I have a collection of books. I love books. I have commentaries, books on theology, devotionals, books of poetry, books on the church and leadership, biographies, and even a copy of Calvin & Hobbes somewhere around here.

As I look around, I find that I even have a collection of papers. My inbox if full of files and papers waiting to be filed. I have post-its next to my phone - I'm really good at collecting post-its. Then I have the ever-present collection of calendars and flyers from different ministries next to my computer.

So. . .I guess I do collect stuff.

What about you? What do you collect? You don't collect? Look around, probably find something you didn't even realize you collected!!

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals