Burn Baby Burn!

Yep, that's what my legs are crying right about now. Just finished first 30 mile ride in over a year and it felt good. For the locals - I headed out the door to Celeste. Took Celeste to Hwy 43 down by the docks and all the way to downtown Mobile in front of the Convention Center. Hit Government for a bit, then cut across to St. Francis 'till it hit Dauphin and stayed on Dauphin to Dauphin Way United Methodist Church. . .and back

It's a deceiving ride. The first leg out was with a slight breeze to my back and DOWN to Mobile. The return leg was against the breeze and uphill all the way. That wasn't too bad until about 4 miles from home when I ran over a nail. Since I wasn't loosing any air I attempted to ride home, but the bent nail kept hitting the frame so I gave in and changed the tube. It doesn't take long it's just the fact of having to stop 4 miles from home.

So how do you get up for a 30-mile ride as your second ride of the year?
  1. Get up a little earlier than you usually would on a Saturday
  2. Feed the animals and give the dogs their treats
  3. Wonder around the house trying to convince yourself it's not going to rain and it will be a great day for a ride - think about going for a quick run
  4. Mix water bottles for the ride - I can still duck out and attempt a run
  5. Get dressed - I'm trying to convice myself there's no turning back now
  6. While getting dressed think about the route I can ride today
  7. Grab the bike, pump of the tires to 120 psi
  8. Eat an English Muffin and some water
  9. Get the iPod ready - set to shuffle songs
  10. Gear up - shoes, gloves, glasses, helmet - still can chicken out, not on the bike yet ;)
  11. Head out the door
  12. Get on the bike
  13. Start pedaling
  14. Enjoy every aching minute!!!
OK. . .so I might be a bit sadistic - it feels good :)

Now I enjoy my Saturday. Hope you do too.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals