Lots-O-Stuff

Yeah. . .yeah. . .yeah. Same song, second verse. I know, don't say it!

Been pretty busy lately, but let me do some catching up.

Last week went to New Orleans to meet with Randy Hall and the guys and gals from Student Life. They are considering developing adult curriculum and asked some adult ed guys to come and give them some input. So I loaded the Harley and made the 2 1/2 hour trip in great weather. What a ride! But I gotta remember to use sun block next time. STINK!! When my I arrived my arms looked like lobster claws. They were pretty burnt.

I had a great time with old friends, but I was also able see first-hand the destruction took place when the levees broke during hurricane Katrina. A couple of friends and I went to the Lower 9th Ward where the greatest break occurred. It was pretty eerie. It was broad daylight and not a soul was around. Homes were sitting in the middle of streets. Houses sitting on top of cars. Stuff spread everywhere. The inside of homes were dark and drab with mud and the residue of the flood. Nothing stirred. Don't know what they are planning to do, but I must admit, it was devastating.

======================

On a lighter note. . .tomorrow the Free Riders motorcycle club will be involved in its first organized ride. We will meet at the church at 8:00 am, ride over to Chuck's for some breakfast and some fellowship then head over to Eastern Shore Center in Malbis to join who knows how many other riders for the 5th Annual Kruise for St. Judes ride to Live Bait Restaraunt in Orange Beach. I'm pretty pumped about it!

If you're not doing anything Saturday morning (Apr 15) join us!

Later 'Gator,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals