Reading for Fun

This past weekend I took some time just for me. It was kinda wierd. I don' t when the last time I took some time to do only what I wanted to do - not to be dictated to by a schedule, appointments, needs, etc. So. . .on Thursday I had lunch with Chris Lockwood, a fellow blogger and co-laborer in Christ here in Mobile. On Friday, though it was a little chilly, I jumped on the Harley and headed to Pensacola, FL for the day. The Harley shop there is incredible. That night gathered with some men from one of our ABFs for Wild Game Night - consisted of deer meet cooked several different ways, video games and ping-pong. I went home thoroughly pumped. Saturday I found myself hangin' at the ol' casa for the day. Watching movies and reading.

Speaking of reading - yeah, I know a lot of you know that I love to read. But I find myself reading on things like leadership, the church, etc. I have to MAKE myself read a book for fun. On Thursday I forced myself to purchase and read a book for the fun of it. A ficitonal book. This was crazy. It was like I was lost or something. So I took a chance. I picked up John Grisham's latest, The Broker. And I will have you know I read all 400-something pages by Saturday night. I actually enjoyed the experience. I didn't know I could allow myself to enjoy reading something like this. I even found myself running a hot bath with all the stuff in it, playing the soulful sounds of Norah Jones' Come Away With Me, in the background and lying there in the soothing waters with Ranger the cat beside me, reading a book!

By the way, I'm very secure in my manhood, so I will do it again - HA!

I've been told that I'm spoiled now and I will find myself picking another, then another, then another, . . .

Well, here's to those times we all need - ME TIMES. Yes, folks, I am all for it. Kick back, relax, and enjoy!


Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals