Cooking with Mike?

OK - let's just get this out of the way. YES! I went to Wal-Mart right after church yesterday morning to pick up several things I needed. Mistake? Some think so, but it beat going after church last night.

So anyway. I get home from church and feel like a couple of burgers. I break out the ol' George Foreman Grill, thaw out some humburger patties, throw some buns in the broiler - I like my buns toasted (no sly remarks about my buns unless you plan on commenting on how good they look, then you MUST be of the female persuasion!!), and began cutting up the lettuce, tomato, and onion. Then I noticed something. Something that was unpleasant and telling. It was smoke coming from the oven. STINK!! I mean literally it stunk - my buns had burned. Not a little - A LOT! There I was standing with four briquettes in my hand. Do you know how hard it is to get that burned bun odor out fo the house? Thank God for Circle E candles, windows, and a breeze

With my burned buns in the trash and my patties getting lcose to being done I grabbed the bag-o-buns and threw a couple more in the broiler. When I picked up the bag to put it away the rest of the buns fell out of the bottom. WHAT THE. . .?

I had burned a hole in the bottom of the bag when I accidently set in on the door to get the second set of buns out. You following this? So I grabbed a zip-lock threw the rest of the buns in it and put them up - without melting the bag. I still have to finish cutting up the "accessories", but I also have to clean the plastic off the inside of the oven door.

Well. . .by the time it all said and done I got the door cleaned, the buns a roasty, toasty tan, cheese on the meat, completed the burger building process, grabbed some pickles and diet coke and enjoyed the olympics and still got a brief nap.

So. . .if you're looking for a little cooking/Sunday lunch excitement - just call me! Now you know why I go out so much.

Cooking with Gas!
"Chef" Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals