Post-Christmas Stuff

I often hear about the post-Christmas blahs. Not sure what they mean 'cause I love Christmas and the peace that comes afterwards.

I love sinking in my favorite chair - it's an oversized chair with down feathers in the pillows and cushions - and kicking up my feet on said chair's oversized foot rest. I love firing up the computer and surfing, emailing, blogging, with the remote next to me or listening to some smooth jazz or blues or 70's rock.

I'm looking out of my back door and checking out the blue skies and refreshing sunshine watching my dogs wander in and out soaking up the sunshine and teaching me to appreciate what I have.

I've got my Christmas loot stashed away - and what great loot I receive!! Wooohooo - Thanks everyone!

I've had a chance to look through all the Christmas cards I received this year. I really enjoyed getting everyone of them. Some were from friends from the past, some from family, some from new friends. All were greatly appeciated. So if you sent one - THANKS!

Then there's the many prayers that were lifted up on my behalf. Being my first Christmas since Karen's death so many of you encouraged me greatly with your prayers. From the depths of my heart I say THANK YOU!! (if you want to know what happened to Karen click here and scroll down to May 9 - Seasons of Life)

Then there's the fact that I got to spend Christmas with my brother, Dan, his family, and my mom. I also was the partaker of some fabulous food! Mom went all out and he said, "It was good!"

Am I blah? Not on your life!
Ready for this year to end? You betcha!
Ready for a new year and new adventures? Better believe it!
Looking forward to it? With everything that is in me!

If I don't post 'til after the new year - have a great new year and may God truly bless you. Be safe, take care, and see ya on the other side!

Mike

Comments

Suzy-Q said…
I always enjoy your posts. You are in my prayers.....what an inspiration you are.

Merry Christmas!
Happy New Year!
Anonymous said…
are you sure that is your oversized chair?LP

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals