Whew! Glad that's over

It's been a long day. We "kicked" it off at about 6:00 this morning getting ready to drive to College Station, Texas for the Texas/Texas A&M game. While it's been a long day, it's certainly been a good one.

This was my first game at Kyle Field and it was a great experience. I must say, though I didn't attend Aggieland, I appreciate it's traditions, band, and support from the student body and alumni. Plus there's a great eating place, Chicken Oil Co. What an atmosphere. Besides Texas won 40-29!

I must thank my frieds the Holloways for the great ticket. We sat on the 18th row, on the south end zone, right next to the Longhorn band. What a sight! We were able to watch the Horns come in and out of the locker room. AND we were behind the Longhord bench.

I have included some pictures from the experience. Check them out.







This is The Gang! Yes. . .I am the only one dressed appropriately










Ryan and me - Ryan was interim youth pastor at Carpenter's Way while I was there and is now a full-time student pastor and great friend!











We start 'em young at UT!















The scoreboard tells the story! This is the final score.


















Let's wrap this gig up with a rendition of "The eyes of Texas" come on, everyone join in!









Well. . . it's been a great day with great friends. Hope you get just a taste of what my day was like.

Let's just stop and smell the roses!


Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals