Wish I was more like my dogs

This morning was a great morning to sit on the patio and read, spend time with God and spend time with the dogs (Mix, Dakota, and Sadie). It was a cool 73 degrees and the humidity was nice. So, with a book and some Starbucks I ventured out to hang with the dogs. We were having a great time until I let the dogs back into their room forgetting I had left the gate to the house open.

It didn't take long for them to discover that free access to the house - of which they are not allowed to enter - was theirs for the taking. And so, like the dogs they are in they went. When I realized what had happened I ran in and quickly chastised them. They know they aren't allowed in the house, even if it's open and a fresh can of cat food is waiting. I mean, of course they know - THEY'RE DOGS!

Well. . .they got in trouble and were put either outside or back in their room. But like the dogs they are, here they came. Dakota and Mix came with sheepish eyes and hanging heads rubbing against my free hand which was resting on the arm of the patio chair. I have to admit, I was still a little hot at them, but it didn't take long before I was petting them and loving on them again. And you know who took the first steps? They did. Not me. Not the rational one, but the instinctual ones. I wonder if I my love for others could become this instinctual?

OK. . .so now I wish I were like my dogs. When people hurt me or are mad at me I wish I could get over being mad back at them and come to them and love on them and want them to love me back.

Isn't it just like us to remain mad, upset and hold onto grudges? Maybe we could learn a lesson from Mix, Sadie, and Dakota. Maybe we could learn to let go and love!

Learnin' to love like my dogs,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals