Surviving!

Well. . .Hurricane Katrina has passed and now we are mopping up. Some of you may have felt her impact. It's just like a woman to reap so much havoc.

I have learned one thing about surviving my first BIG hurricane - anyone living in LA (Lower Alabama) needs 3 things:
1) A generator
2) A chainsaw
3) Great friends

I have the third and the other two will be shortly behind.

I was thoroughly amazed at how quickly people got out and cleaned up their yards. Many helped each other - at least in my neighborhood. One day it looked liked a bomb had gone off, the next day yards were pristine, yet again, with stacks of debris neatly stacked next to the curb.

WOW!!

I am equally amazed that people didn't prepare as well. Many are commenting on my preparedness though this is my first real hurricane - I tucked tail and ran before Dennis hit. I filled up both of my vehicles, made sure I had plent of food and water for my animals (I filled up one of my bathtubs with water as well as an extra bottle for their water bowls), unplugged everything, boarded up what I could and, well, I loaded up and headed for our church's shelter/student center.

OK, I'm not a genius, but I didn't think it took that much thought to get prepared. Just a lot of effort.

Anyway. . .we're still here - animals, home, vehicles, and me. Won't leave, don't plan on leaving, and I love LA!!

Weathering with the best of them,
Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals