I'm Scared! I'm Really Scared!!

Ok, I'm going to admit it once and for all. I AM SCARED TO DRIVE ON THE HIGHWAYS IN ALABAMA!! There I admitted it. It's out in the open. I do feel a little better.

"Why?" you ask.

For starters the speed limit on I-65 in Mobile (and North Mobile) is 65 mph. The other night I was driving home from Mobile - about a 10 mile jaunt - when I was passed by a young woman talking on her cell phone going faster than I was. How fast was I going? Try 80 mph just to keep from getting run over. What does that tell you about how fast she was driving? Yeah - I don't even know how I knew it was a woman.

Then just a couple of days ago I was coming home from Mobile and a truck came around me. I wanted to know about how fast he was moving so I sped up to keep up with him until I hit 90 mph. He left me. You see what I'm talking about.

Then yesterday I was coming back to the church from lunch and a car, towing a motorcycle - OK, so he wasn't towing him, but the motorcycle was close enough to the car that I thought they were one vehicle - sped by me. I have NO IDEA how fast they were going. It didn't matter. I was fearful of driving up on a head spinning inside of a helmet.

I'm telling ya, I'm scared. I have never been scared to drive anywhere at any speed, but this is crazy! No wonder southerners are great at auto racing, they grow up driving like they are on Taladega Raceway.

Driving like my life depended on it,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals