Why?

Whooaaa! Before you go into contortions, I am not twisting off on another word thing. I'm really asking the question, "Why is student ministry so much more fun that adult ministry?" Don't get me wrong, I love what I do - working with adults - but the friends that I have in student ministry are always talking about how much fun they are having. I have one friend, Stacey, whose office is painted black with flourescent black lights. How cool is that? If I did that I would have adults afraid to come into my office.

When did ministry for adults stop being fun? Who decided we were supposed to act "grown up"? I love to laugh. I love pranks - even when I am the one being pranked. But somebody decided at some point in time that adult ministry was supposed to be done in hushed tones and somber discussions. Forget that! I want laughter and fun and smiles and ice-cream and movies. I want the black office and all the cool stuff.

Anyway . . . ministry, regardless of the age group, ought to be fun. If it's not fun anymore - find something else to do. Regain the joy of serving!!

MS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals