Horse Raising or Hype?

OK, before I get started I just want to say that I love horses. I came so very close to buying one a few years ago. With that said, what is all the hoopla for a 2-minute race?

The Kentucky Derby ran Saturday. I love to watch horses run, especially those who have trained and made it to one of the greatest and most historic races in our country. It's exciting and any horse at any given time can win. This year a 50-1 longshot named Giacomo came from behind to beat the favored Bellamy Road. It was a great race to the very end.

But . . . what is up with all the hype, promo, and all-day coverage. It's like because the event itself - the thing everyone tunes in to watch - is only 2 minutes long the networks think they have to make up for it by covering it and all its "instricacies." This is crazy! I don't care about the betting - I have the internet. I don't care about what everyone is wearing - I'm sitting in shorts and a t-shirt. I don't care who shows up - I want to watch the horses. Look guys just cover the race, it's what we want to watch anyway.

Is there anything we can do? Probably not, but then I'm already watching something else. Livin' life at 100 mph you don't have time to worry about such trivial things such as these.

There's the bell - THEIR OFF!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals