Holy Week

For Christians this week is special.  It's the week leading up to the betrayal, trial, and death of Jesus.  This morning in preparation for Easter, the celebration of His resurrection, I began reading of Jesus' last days as recorded in the gospels.  I had forgotten how much Jesus taught, confronted, ministered, and served in those last days, all the while He knew what lie in wait for Him.

Every second of every minute drew Him closer to the end of His time here.  And the end wouldn't be pretty.  Instead, it would be painful. . .oh so painful. . .in more ways than one. How did He do it?  How could He do it?

I can't imagine living my life knowing these were the last days. . .the emotions, the thoughts, the words,  the sights, the smells.  And yet, Jesus does it.  He remains focused on the mission God gave Him years before. Nothing, not even the thought of betrayal, beatings, or death prevented Him from accomplishing  the very thing God asked Him to do. . .to give His life for you and me.

I can't fully imagine what that must be like.  I can play different scenarios in my mind and, to some extent, the emotions that go along with them.  But it's still not the same.

If you knew this was your last week on earth what would you do?  How would you live it out?  Would you do anything different?

Jesus didn't.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals