Immanuel. . .cont'd

Yesterday I posted a bit on Isaiah 7:14 - "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." (click here to check it out). Last night I was still working it over in my head. While doing so, it struck me that it's not just Immanuel - "God with us", but it's "God with ME!"

Does that make sense? The way I read it, God didn't just come to humanity as a whole, but God came to earth for every person since and that includes you and me. . .personally and individually.

Tend to think this makes God a personal God, not just a corporate God, doesn't it?

I know this is simple. But I don't know that God ever meant the coming of our Redeemer to be complex. Think about it, how much simpler can you get than a baby?

Let me know what you think about this. Would love to get your feedback.

May God be with you!
Mike

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals