It's a Monday and . . .

I'm really not one of those people who doesn't look forward to Mondays. I read on Twitter and Facebook about how much people don't like Mondays and how, for some reason, Mondays have become the scourge of the week. Yet I'm under the impression that if we didn't have Mondays some other day. . .say, Tuesday. . .would be the unfortunate recipient of our dire and crass statements and overall hatred for the the day. Don't be a hater!

You do know that Sunday is actually the first day of the week. . .NOT Monday. Yes, for some of you, it's the first workday of the week, but my week started Saturday afternoon as I prepared for our Saturday evening worship and Bible study. I guess I say all that to say STOP WHINING! Some of you wouldn't know what to do if you didn't have a Monday to complain about. Besides after about two years worth of Mondays (yes, as in, at times everyday felt like a Monday - to find out why click here), I'm thinking it's not so bad.

Actually, like Mondays. Without Mondays, Tuesdays would be. . .well, how can I put this politely. . .DIFFICULT, to say the least. Mondays allow me to get ready for the rest of the week. As an administrator this hopelessly abandoned day provides me with opportunities to follow up with things that happened over the weekend and take care of loose ends before things come unraveled. Monday allows me to get my bearings and to get a handle on things before I lose control - as if I'm ever in complete control, right?

As you can tell by now, I kinda like Mondays! Mondays deserve our respect and appreciation, just like any other day in the week. I think we just need to learn to appreciate it for what it is. . .the starting line to the week! How you start your week isn't the day's fault it's yours! Take responsibility people!!

Hope you get off the starting line well!
Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Monday's it is the beginning for me to be more and better than last week, but Mondays do come around all to stinking quick...espically when uncontrolabble things happen and the week end is gone and I dont get all my stuff done...oh yeah it wasnt all about me...dang....love you mom

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals