I'm a Bit Mushy Today

It's a Monday! I don't mean that in a bad or Murphy's Law sort of way, it's just a Monday. I'm in my office watching it rain - which it does often here in Gresham, I've got a stack of stuff to sort through from last week and the weekend, and after a weekend chock full of ministry my mind is more than a little mushy.

The ministry stuff was incredible! We spent Friday preparing and Saturday actually doing some clean up and clean out work at our NE Portland church plant property. It's an old church that was originally built in 1914 in what is now a regenerating neighborhood. Only guys in ministry would believe what we churches decide to keep - My OH My!

Saturday night was our regularly scheduled Worship and ABFs.

Sunday morning started with two worship services and ABFs. Then I was called in yesterday afternoon because we lost part of our power in two of our buildings. That wasn't too important except one of those buildings houses our offices where our internet, server, and phone system hangs out. That's not all that important except that we needed our internet for a commissioning service Sunday night for a group headed to India and we were planning on skypeing our missions contact in India. After making some adjustments and talking with PG&E - who by the way was incredibly gracious and helpful - we got everything up and running.

Cindy and I had Financial Peace University at 4:00 then the commissioning service at 7:00. After shutting down the network, server, and phones - oh, did I tell you that PG&E had to shut down power to our buidlings to replace an underground line that got destroyed when a wire across the street blew - I finally got out of here at 10:00 last night.

So this morning I'm a little more mushy than usual.

The rain has stopped, there's only a slight breeze, the trees next door are gently swaying in the breeze, and the clouds are beginning to thin out.

Have a great Monday,
Mushy Mike

Comments

Cindy said…
It was a long Sunday to say the least for both of us. More so for you though. I think we need to put a cot in your office for days such as those. Love you and praying for you!!!!
MikeS said…
@Cindy - either a cot and/or a coffee pot!!

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals