First Day

Today was my first day as Pastor of Discipleship and Administration at Greater Gresham Baptist Church. I've had a lot of firsts in my life, but I was really looking forward to this one. I don't know why. Maybe it was because I was, and am, overwhelmed by the fact that God would allow me to sever on a church staff once again.

I like leading ManHeart Ministries and am will continue to be involved in helping guys become the men God designed and desires them to be. I, for some reason, missed being on a church staff. I love the encouragement I receive along with the challenges of ministry. I love the people and the staff I get to serve alongside. I am ecstatic when I get to see, hear, or be part of life change. It's hard to understand. It's a been there, done that sort of thing.

I was a little nervous about today. Can't exactly put my finger on it. But Cindy prayed an incredible prayer for me last night. What a blessing to be prayed for and over by a godly wife.

It felt good to "go to the office." And tomorrow I get to do it again.

Thanks God!
Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is so awesome to be in the Will of God. To serve Him, to see and be a part of changes that Honor and Glorify our Lord.
God just showed up and showed off and you were allowed to be a part...I am so proud of you as an instructment to be used by our Lord. My prayers are with and for you daily as you serve HIM.
love you to the sky and back
MOM

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals