Will be out for a couple of days

Tomorrow I leave for Houston. I'll be leading a men's retreat for Atascocita Community Church in Atascocita, Texas (it's a suburb of Houston). The retreat will be in the backyard of my old stompin grounds - Pineywoods Baptist Camp. It's about 30 minutes south of Lufkin where I served and lived for five years before moving to North Mobile.

I'm really pumped for several reason:
  1. I get to go back to Texas
  2. I get to hang out with a bunch of guys doing what I love to do - teach and hang out with guys
  3. I get to go back to a place I'm familiar with and have spent some time at
  4. I get to see my best friend, Stacey, and his family - Tammy, Seth, Aubrey, and Spencer
  5. I get to travel
  6. Did I say I get to go back to Texas?
Please pray for me and for the men who will be there and the marriages/families they represent. Ask God to change hearts. I'm still under the belief that if we can change the heart of a man we can change his home, his community, and even his church (pastors are laughing right about now).

I've still got a lot to do today to get ready. Pray that God orders my steps and I will remain focused so I can get everything accomplished.

Will let you know how things go when I get back.

Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
lots of prayers....
for you and especially the men God as designed to be there....
I know God will show up and do amazing things among you...
Have fun and totally enjoy being back in TEXAS...
love ya
Anonymous said…
Mike,

I just recieved my summation exam score for my first course! The exam was all essay with a two hour time limit. I had one 500 word review, two 250 word abstracts, one 250 word worksheet, and one question worksheet. I am doing my own version of the kitchen dance because I recieved 100%! Praise God!!!!!
Just wanted to let you know....

Daniel
Anonymous said…
I've been praying for you! I'm so glad you had an awesome time. Can't wait for you to get back home and tell me all about it. Love you, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals