Timing is Everything. . .Sort of

I own a 2000 Toyota Tundra pickup. Of all the vehicles I've owned it's one of my favorites - extra cab, captain's chairs, easy on my back, and big ol' V8. But I've been having trouble with the driver's side window. No problem going down, but very s. . .l. . .o. . .w going up. I've even had to help it a couple of times. Now? It won't even go up, only down.

So, yesterday was the day to take it in and get it fixed. About 4:00 pm I headed out of the door to take it to Mobile. The dealer, Springhill Toyota, is about 15 miles south on I-65 (it's exit 1 on I-65).

I get about 1.5 miles from the house and pull into the local Circle K to get gas and it begins to freakin' rain like crazy! But it's not only raining so hard I couldn't see the entrance to the highway only about a 200 yards up the road, gale-force winds began blowing from the east. So I get gas and head down the interstate to Mobile. . .drenched! The only thing that saved me was the fact that I had a towel in the truck I had used to cover the window while it was parked in the driveway. I tied one end of it on the "Oh Crap!" handle (yeah, you know what I'm talking about, don't play coy with me) and stretched it across the window with my left hand and held it place with my left leg. I slid over into the inside lane and set the pace to help reduce the amount of spray shooting into my window.

I'm sure I looked pretty goofy going down a rain-drenched highway with my window down and a towel stretched across the window. I arrived safely at the dealer. Surprisingly, I didn't get all that wet. I was more wet from getting gas than I was from driving.

I just couldn't believe that it hadn't rained all day and the moment I got into the truck to take it to get it fixed a gully-washer blew in. Timing. . .it's everything, eh? Then again, what do you expect in Mobile?

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals