Made It

Well. . .I'm here. . .home. . .Waxahachie, Texas - home of the Fightin' Indians. It's nice. Not just Waxahachie, but being home.

Got here on Saturday. Had Christmas with the fam (pictures to come). Yesterday we all went to church - The Oaks Fellowship in Waxahachie. Great worship - opened with Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Eve Sarajevo. It was very worshipful and uplifting at the same time. They did a great job. The message was equally challenging - the message of the the purpose of Christ's coming in the angel's announcement and the heavenly hosts' song -
  • Jesus Saves Us
  • Jesus Sustains Us
More about the message later. Just take it from me that Scott Wilson did an excellent job communicating the message and I was ministered to.

This morning I got up and went for a run. It's the first time I've run since the 10K on Nov 4. Due to traveling, sickness, and busy-ness I just haven't made it a priority. This morning I did. I ran through downtown. It was great to re-live experiences and memories as I ran past old store fronts, the courthouse, even the old feed store where I used load box cars of wheat and maze during the summer. Will take some pictures of the ol' town square. It has definitely undergone some major changes since Karen and I lived here in the 80s.

The week is starting to fill up with opportunities to catch up with old friends. I'm looking forward to them.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals