What am I doing?

It's 5-FREAKIN-3o in the morning! What in the world am I doing up? Oh by the way - I'm not just up, I'm up, showered, dressed, and waiting for Starbucks to finish brewing. And yeah, I'm typing this thing!

For those of you who don't know me - I don't want to know there's two 5:30's in a day, especially the first one. I don't exist before say. . .6:30 in the morning! 7:00 is even better. And those who do know me are laughing their brains out. I know because they have done it before. You see I'm an early morning guy - I'm just a 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning kind of guy.

By the way - who gets up this early on a regular basis and why? I know there are some of you who have to get up to get to work. I understand this. I used to deliver milk (Monday mornings I was going through Dallas at 12:30 in the morning to get to the dairy) and I used to run my dad's/grandmother's bakery (try 2:30 in the morning). So I know what that is all about.

But you people who get up just to get up! What's up with that? What time do you go to bed? You do know there's a whole 'nother world out there you are missing? OK, ok, so I may be missing one as well - touchet!

Well, I'm going to meet Ben for breakfast. Ben is a friend of mine and we get together to talk about life every once in a while and, of course, we eat. We're both Baptist so we meet to eat and eat to meet.

Well, coffee's done and I've got to get out of here. Have a great day and remember, NOT everyone is a morning person, so love everyone today, you just may meet your greatest challenge - me in the morning!!


Bleary eyed and driving,
Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
How was the ride? When I got up this morning at 4:50a.m. (just because) it was 13 degrees!! 4 degrees wind chill! I built a fire in the fireplace, added a couple of more names to the wedding list, then started cleaning for company! Ralinda is coming today! I can't find the picture of you on your Harley. How do I get to it?
Hope you had fun this morning.
Love ya,
Mother of the Bride (Pam)
MikeS said…
lucid - come on now, TESTIFY!!

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals