Down Time

I haven't posted anything in a couple of days - I've been sick and tired. Not that I'm sick and tired, but I am sick (sinus infection) and I've been tired. When I get home all I want to do is to lay on the couch and and sleep.

Speaking of laying on the couch - what is it about women that makes them want to talk, requiring that we men listen AND respond to themas soon as we get home? When I come home I don't want to have to respond to anything. My wife and my mother are very similar. For some reason when I get home they come to the den and begin to talk to me. I don't want to sound mean or anything, but the only thing I want to hear is a voice that doesn't require me to respond. To respond means that I must understand what is being said to me. Therefore, I must hear it, process it, formulate a response, then express that response. Sorry ladies. I DO NOT want to respond as soon as I come in the door!

Now I love Karen and I love my mother, but ladies, give us a break! Let us unwind. Let us veg a little. Allow us some down time before you bombard us with conversation that requires responses. I don't want to have to make a decision. If anything is so important that I must respond as soon as I walk through the door, then let me know BEFORE you start the conversation. Remember ladies, we have all night. We don't have to solve the problems of the world or our family in the first 30 minutes we're home.

So. . . I'm going to lay on the couch. When I get there I expect nothing but the TV to be playing in my ears. See ya!

What's that honey? Could you repeat that one more time? Sorry, I wasn't listening.


MS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals