Messed Up!

Reading Romans 7:7-25 (go read it, this will make much more sense) this morning and couldn't help think how much I relate to Paul. What wretched men we are. As I read I kept thinking how we both struggle with sin, how we both want to do what God wants us to do, yet are sabotaged by our sinful nature. Man, am I glad there was someone honest enough to say that they are not perfect. I am so glad there's someone as messed up as me. At least I don't feel alone. Do you ever feel like you're the only one who messes up, sometimes?

Thank you, God, for someone like Paul. . .someone we would consider a "super saint". . . who struggles just like the rest of us. Thank you for someone who is willing to say, "Hey! No matter how hard I try, I'm messed up!"

Thank you for not leaving us to our own sinful masters - ourselves. Thank you for rescuing us through Christ Jesus our Lord. Thank you for loving me enough to pull me out of the the depth of my own sin and from the grasp of my own sinful nature.

Can you relate to Paul? Do you wrestle between wanting to do what is right and actually doing it? Are you like me, do you have the desire to do what is good, but cannot carry it out? Maybe God is waiting for us to get honest with Him so He can rescue us. . .you. . .me.

Thanks for pulling me out, God. . .
Mike

Comments

Jane Ann said…
I try to do what is good, but I also mess up. Sometimes it is unintentional and it ends up with others getting hurt in the process! Sometimes I mess up because I'm just messed up and then it creates a bigger mess!
I am glad that God forgives our sins and gives us chances to clean up our mistakes.
My three words for 2010: Redemption, Restoration, and Reconciliation.
Stace said…
I am the poster child for this verse in Romans!

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

What was I thinking?